Poniżej wpisz nazwisko, tytuł, frazę, słowo którego szukasz:
Ostatnio dodane pozycje:
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
J. K. Rowling
- One Hundred Years of Solitude (by the winner of Nobel Prize)
Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus: A Practical Guide for Improving Communication and Getting What You Want in Your Relationships
- Mnich, który sprzedał swoje Ferrari (książka w języku polskim), duży format
Robin S. Sharma
- The Confession of Katherine Howard (The duties of a Queen. The secrets of a woman...)
- The Murder Room (the number one bestseller)
P. D. James
My Sister's Keeper (If you use one of your children to save the life of another, are you being a good mother or a very bad one?)Jodi Picoult
Can a parent love too much? Or is too much never enough?
Anna is not sick, but she might as well be. By age thirteen, she has undergone countless surgeries, transfusions, and shots so that her sister, Kate, can somehow fight the leukemia that has plagued her since childhood. The product of preimplantation genetic diagnosis, Anna was conceived as a bone marrow match for Kate -- a life and a role that she never challenged.... until now.
Like most teenagers, Anna is beginning to question who she truly is. But unlike most teenagers, she has always been defined in terms of her sister -- and so Anna makes a decision that for most would be unthinkable, a decision that will tear her family apart and have perhaps fatal consequences for the sister she loves.
A provocative novel that raises some important ethical issues, My Sister's Keeper is the story of one family's struggle for survival at all human costs and a stunning moral parable for all time.